Re: three timestamps/table, use of 'now' in table creation statement

От codeWarrior
Тема Re: three timestamps/table, use of 'now' in table creation statement
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Bruno Wolff III" <bruno@wolff.to> wrote in message
> Please don't reply to existing threads to start new ones.
>
> On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 01:08:09 -0800,
>   Dennis Gearon <gearond@cvc.net> wrote:
> > I want to have three timestamps columns in a table:
> >
> > What I want to happen is that all three columns get set with the 'now'
> > value to the nearest second, and they ALL have the exact same value.
>
> You will get the same value if the three times are all obtained within
> the same transaction.

In your table schema:

"change_dt" timestamptz NULL default 'NOW()',

Which makes absolute sense on an INSERT -- INSERT tblName (field) VALUES
(nval, nval, )  will AUTOMAGICALLY set your fields to their default...

When you UPDATE -- Only update the colums you needs AND change_dt

Ya' know.... UPDATE tblName set dad = '', dada2 = '', change_dt = 'NOW()'...
WHERE dada = dada...