Re: [PERFORM] Restricting Postgres

От Kevin Barnard
Тема Re: [PERFORM] Restricting Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I am generally interested in a good solution for this.  So far our
solution has been to increase the hardware to the point of allowing
800 connections to the DB.

I don't have the mod loaded for Apache, but we haven't had too many
problems there.  The site is split pretty good between dynamic and
non-dynamic, it's largely Flash with several plugins to the DB.
However we still can and have been slammed and up to point of the 800
connections.

What I don't get is why not use pgpool?  This should eliminate the
rapid fire forking of postgres instanaces in the DB server.  I'm
assuming you app can safely handle a failure to connect to the DB
(i.e. exceed number of DB connections).  If not it should be fairly
simple to send a 503 header when it's unable to get the connection.