Optimize update of tables with generated columns

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Optimize update of tables with generated columns
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
When updating a table row with generated columns, we only need to
recompute those generated columns whose base columns have changed in
this update and keep the rest unchanged.  This can result in a
significant performance benefit (easy to reproduce for example with a
tsvector column).  The required information was already kept in
RangeTblEntry.extraUpdatedCols; we just have to make use of it.

A small problem is that right now ExecSimpleRelationUpdate() does not
populate extraUpdatedCols.  That needs fixing first.  This is also
related to the issue discussed in "logical replication does not fire
per-column triggers"[0].  I'll leave my patch here while that issue is
being resolved.

[0]:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/21673e2d-597c-6afe-637e-e8b10425b240%402ndquadrant.com

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Preserve versions of initdb-created collations in pg_upgrade
Сообщение: Re: Preserve versions of initdb-created collations in pg_upgrade