Re: "ago" times on buildfarm status page

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: "ago" times on buildfarm status page
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 8/27/19 8:45 AM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> On 8/27/19 4:33 AM, Tom Turelinckx wrote:
>> On Mon, Aug 26, 2019, at 9:08 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>>> I think this is the problem:
>>>
>>>  'scmrepo' => '/home/pgbf/pgmirror.git',
>>>
>>> Probably this isn't updated often enough. It probably has little to do with the clock settings.
>>>
>>> This is the kind of old-fashioned way of doing things. These days "git_keep_mirror => 1" along with the community
repoas the base would avoid these problems.

>> We've discussed this before (see below).
>>

>>  Hm. So the issue really is that the build timestamp that the buildfarm
>>  client is reporting tells when it pulled from the local repo, not when
>>  that repo was last updated from the community server. Not sure if there's
>>  any simple way to improve that ... Andrew, any thoughts?
>

> Maybe we need an option to use the git commit time. instead of the
> snapshot time.

Scratch that - we use this to calculate the duration of the first stage,
so mangling it would just create another error.

It's tempting to say we should sort the dashboard by git reference time
then snapshot - that should be fairly doable. But what if there isn't a
git reference, as happens when there's a git failure for example. In
those cases Maybe just use the snapshot time?

Storing the git timestanp would involve a table change in our second
largest table, so the team would need to discuss and plan it.

cheers

andrew