IIS4 / Win NT4 Server/ PostgreSQL 7.1

От Francis Fang
Тема IIS4 / Win NT4 Server/ PostgreSQL 7.1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Does anyone have any experience with any of these issues?

I am currently running a web app using ASP running on IIS 4, NT Server 4.0
and Microsoft Access as a db. When I bring the server up or reboot the
server, access to the data via the web pages is very fast. However, after a
few hours of being hit repeatedly, the web app slows to a crawl.
I did not seem to have these problems when I was using MS Access 97 and
older odbc jet drivers (that came with Access97) but the Jet drivers in MS
Access 2000 seem to consume more "something" (memory? disk space?
resources?). So, other than restarting every few hours, does anyone have any
idea if there's some tweaking I can do?

On the assumption that MS Access 2000 is the problem and not having the
funds to install MS SQL 2000, I've installed PostgreSQL v7.1 on a Linux
RedHat 6.2 box and installed the psqlodbc ODBC driver on the NT Server box.
I have tested the connection to the database using MS Access and the DSN and
I can "see" the data. However, when I test the web app using that same
PostgreSQL DSN, using the same odbc drivers, the IIS server process shuts
down with the application log, in the event viewer, showing the following
errors.

----
Source : Active Server Pages
Type : Error
Category : None
Desc : Error: File /testapp/testquery.asp Stack Overflow

Source : Transaction Server
Type : Error
Category ; Context Wrapper
Desc : An object call caused an exception.     (IID:
{51372AEF-CAE7-11CF-BE81-00AA00A2FA25}) (Method: 3) (Microsoft
Transaction Server Internals InformationL File:
i;\viper\src\runtime\mtxex\activity.cpp, Line: 889) Exception:
C0000005) (Address: 0xb0ffffffff)
 + 0xB0E90d27
jscript + 0x4EC5

Thanks in advance guys.
Frank.

PS Please email me at francis-fang@uiowa.edu if anything needs
clarification. I'm sure I've left out some very obviously pertinent info.