Re: iPad and Postgresql...

От Gary Chambers
Тема Re: iPad and Postgresql...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jerry,

> Yes, I tried MacPorts. I seemed get caught in some kind of dependency hell
> and could not get things to update correctly.

I agree that it can be somewhat tedious to keep the packages up-to-date, but
you'll face that problem (in varying degrees of difficulty, admittedly) no
matter what package manager you use.  If you feel you can reasonably do so,
I would just mv /opt/local to /opt/local-old and start over (declare
MacPorts bankruptcy).  Now you can execute:

sudo port install apache2 php5 php5-postgresql

To make it easier for me to manage the web server (and to avoid colliding
with the Apple apachectl script), I symlink /opt/local/apache2/bin/apachectl
-> /usr/local/bin/apache2ctl.

-- Gary Chambers