Re: slow dropping of tables, DropRelFileNodeBuffers, tas

От Sergey Koposov
Тема Re: slow dropping of tables, DropRelFileNodeBuffers, tas
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 5 Jun 2012, Simon Riggs wrote:

>>> Sounds less good and we'd need reasonable proof it actually did
>>> anything useful without being dangerous.
>>
>> Doing an initial unlocked test speeds things up another 2.69 fold (on
>> top of 3.55 for your patch) for me, with 1GB of shared buffers.  That
>> seems like it should be worthwhile.
>>
>> How do we go about getting reasonable proof that it is safe?
>
> That's enough for me.

So is it planned to apply that patch for 9.2 ?

Thanks,    S

Sergey E. Koposov, PhD, Research Associate
Institute of Astronomy, University of Cambridge
Madingley road, CB3 0HA, Cambridge, UK
Tel: +44-1223-337-551 Web: http://www.ast.cam.ac.uk/~koposov/