Re: Modifying database schema without losing data

От Rich Shepard
Тема Re: Modifying database schema without losing data
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 28 Sep 2020, Adam Scott wrote:

> What if a person is a member of more than one Org?  Consider a person_org
> table.

Adam,

Not applicable. An individual is employed by a single organization.

> I see mention of a site in the person table.  It may also be the case that
> you need a site table.

Yep. That's what I need to add.

> Often, you want a table for the Person and a Contact (or Address)  table
> separately. This allows for having more than one contact for a Person.

Possible, but I've not encountered more than a couple of phone numbers per
person (work and mobile). I don't need home addresses or phones.

> This way a person can be a member of more than one org, at one or  more
> sites, and have one or more contacts.

Doesn't apply to businesses in my market areas.

Thanks for the thoughts,

Rich