Re: Variable constants ?

От Rich Shepard
Тема Re: Variable constants ?
Дата
Re: Variable constants ?  (Luca Ferrari <fluca1978@gmail.com>)
Re: Variable constants ?  (Gavin Flower <GavinFlower@archidevsys.co.nz>)
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 15 Aug 2019, stan wrote:

> I need to put a few bossiness constants, such as a labor rate multiplier
> in an application. I am adverse to hard coding these things. The best plan
> i have come up with so far is to store them in a table, which would have
> only 1 row, and a column for each needed constant.
>
> Anyone have a better way to do this?
>
> Failing a better way is there some way I can limit this table to only
> allow one row to exist?

Stan,

I've resolved similar issues with changing regulatory agency staff. For your
application(s) I suggest a table like this:

create table labor_rate_mult (
   rate         real primary_key,
   start_date      date not null,
   end_date    date
)

This provides both a history of labor rate multipliers and the ability to
select either the most current one or a previous one.

If other factors affect the rate, add attribute columns for them.

Regards,

Rich