Re: Converting Access .mdb to postgres

От Rich Shepard
Тема Re: Converting Access .mdb to postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 14 Aug 2019, Rich Shepard wrote:

> Thanks, Adrian. This looks like it has all the information I need.

Adrian,

Off the mail list.

I'm reading that metadata document and it seems to me that it's not well
constructed. Perhaps this is an Access thing[1]; perhaps the DBA's have
limited knowledge. For example there are a lot of entity1_X_entity2 tables
which I think don't need to exist as one can get the same information from a
query. And, there are a bunch of lookup tables I think could be better
handled the postgres way.

Would you help me with this migration off the mail list?

Regards,

Rich

[1] I tried searching the database tables on their web site but could not
find the information I need. As far as I know Access is a flat-file
database, not relational.

Сообщение: Re: Converting Access .mdb to postgres
Сообщение: Re: Converting Access .mdb to postgres