Re: Comparing dates in DDL

От Rich Shepard
Тема Re: Comparing dates in DDL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 4 Jan 2019, Jeremy Finzel wrote:

> Another suggestion which hasn’t been mentioned is using ‘infinity’ as the
> end date. I like this because it IMO indicates that the record is clearly
> the current valid record more than null.

Jeremy,

   I believe that infinity was mentioned in this thread.

> But I’m not sure exactly what you are trying to do either. If you are
> creating a new record with changes and closing (ending) the range of the
> original record, then a GIST exclusion index would ensure you have no
> overlapping date ranges for all historical records put together.

   Having overlapping date ranges in a projects table is a Good Thing(TM)
because it means I have multiple, concurrent revenue streams. :-)

Carpe weekend,

Rich

--
I dream of an America where a chicken can cross the road without having its
motives questioned.