Re: Move cluster to new host, upgraded version

От Rich Shepard
Тема Re: Move cluster to new host, upgraded version
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 13 Nov 2018, Adrian Klaver wrote:

> You have two options:
>
> 1) The preferred one. Keep the password and create a .pgpass file to hold the
> password:
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/libpq-pgpass.html

Adrian,

   That's database-specific if I read the manual page correctly.

> My guess is you had one on the other machine.

   Nope. I've been running postgres since 1997 and never used a password
since I'm the only one using the databases.

> 2) Change your auth method in pg_hba.conf:
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/client-authentication.html

   /var/lib/pgsql/11/data/pg_hba.conf has trust as the local authentication
method for all databases. Perhaps I need to restart the server after loading
the databases. Will try that.

Thanks,

Rich