Re: Move cluster to new host, upgraded version

От Rich Shepard
Тема Re: Move cluster to new host, upgraded version
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, 11 Nov 2018, Ron wrote:

> Unless your db is small, do a parallel dump. Even then, do a "-Fc" backup
> instead. That's been the recommended method for many years.

Ron,

   I've several databases, none 'large.' When I've used pg_dumpall in the
past it's always with the clean option (-c) and the output directed to a
specified filename with the -f option. I don't find an -F option on the man
page.

   Anywho, specifying the 10.5 version's hostname (-h) to pg_dumpall on the
11.1 version resulted a few seconds later with an output file.

Regards,

Rich