Re: Open Source tool to deploy/promote PostgreSQL DDL

От Rich Shepard
Тема Re: Open Source tool to deploy/promote PostgreSQL DDL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 10 Jul 2018, Hustler DBA wrote:

> A client of mine is looking for an open source tool to deploy and promote
> PostgreSQL DDL changes through database environments as part of SDLC. What
> tools (open source) does the community members use? I normally use
> scripts, but they want something open source.

Neil,

   I'm far from a professional DBA, but scripts are certainly open source
because they're text files.

   To track changes for almoste everything I highly recommend Git for version
control. It's distributed and can handle most types of files. I use it for
tracking coding projects and well as report and other text documents that
are edited and revised prior to release.

Rich