Re: [GENERAL] Postgres backup solution

От Rich Shepard
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Postgres backup solution
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 14 Mar 2017, Adrian Klaver wrote:

> What would be a recommended solution for backing up a very large Postgres
> (~13TeraBytes) database in order to prevent from data deletion/corruption.
> Current setup is only to backup/restore to a standby read-only Postgres
> server via AWS S3 using wal-e however this does not offer the comfort of
> keeping a full backup available in case we need to restore some deleted or
> corrupted data.

> Still not coming through as plain text. You might want to talk to whoever is
> in charge of the email server.

Lawrence,

   A.) My MUA is alpine and your message displays just fine here.

   2.) I'm far from being a professional DBA but if I had to back up a 13T
database what I'd do (since I use only linux) is run pg_dump with the
archive (tar) format, then use dirvish to synchronize it with a remote copy.
Dirvish <http://www.dirvish.org/> uses rsync and records only changes since
the last run. I use it to back up my server/workstation daily. I've restored
files accidently deleted with no problems using either cp or rsync.

   That's my $0.25 worth (inflation, you know).

Regards,

Rich