Re: Questions on use

От Rich Shepard
Тема Re: Questions on use
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Wed, 28 Dec 2016, Rich Shepard wrote:

>  2) My databases are used by only me. All non-postgres-installed databases
> are owned by me so neither a username nor a password is required for me to
> access them.

   I want to thank all of you who responded to this pair of questions. I have
installed the postgresql-jdbc driver and found a tool -- F/OSS -- that does
exactly what I need: dbeaver <http://www.dbeaver.com/>.

   After spending most of two days trying to get schemaSpy and pgmodeler to
work, I took a careful look at an older version of dbeaver I discovered
here, upgraded it, and got it working in just a few minutes without detailed
docs.

   Since my business is not that of a computer professional (coder, DBA,
SysAdmin, etc.) good enough is sufficient for the tools I use.

May you all have a healthy, prosperous, and satisfying 2017,

Rich