Re: Upgrading using pg_dumpall

От Rich Shepard
Тема Re: Upgrading using pg_dumpall
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, 4 Sep 2016, Adrian Klaver wrote:

> Another thing that came to mind is compatibility with existing
> applications/clients. You say you have been running using trust and I am
> betting your client connection parameters reflect that. Now for
> connections methods that can 'see' the .pgpass file and use libpq as the
> their underlying Postgres library then things should work. Otherwise your
> applications may not be able to connect until you supply the correct
> password in some manner.

   That's a concern. My business financial software uses postgres as the
backend and a browser UI and I enter my username and password on the login
page. It works with auth method trust. I've no idea exactly how it connects
to the database. Since it ain't broke I won't futz with it and possibly
break it. I've other things with higher priorities.

Rich

Сообщение: Re: Upgrading using pg_dumpall
Сообщение: Re: Upgrading using pg_dumpall