Re: Upgrading using pg_dumpall

От Rich Shepard
Тема Re: Upgrading using pg_dumpall
Дата
Re: Upgrading using pg_dumpall  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, 4 Sep 2016, Adrian Klaver wrote:

> You don't it directly. That information is supplied by Postgres when you
> do CREATE or ALTER ROLE. The -W switch just does that for the
> superuser(postgres in your case) when you initdb a new cluster.

Adrian,

   OK. That makes sense.

> Sorry, old habits. pg_user is a version of the pg_shadow view that blanks
> out the actual password. pg_shadow is a view over the table pg_authid,
> where the actual information is stored now. In any case, again they are
> not tables/views you directly modify.

   Good. Then I won't spend time with them.

   So, given my single-user situation do you think that I should ALTER ROLE
to add my password? Adding it to ~/.pgpass did nothing positive when I
changed auth method to md5; my attempt to open a database failed because
that password was rejected. Strange ... to me.

Rich

Сообщение: Re: Upgrading using pg_dumpall
Сообщение: Re: Upgrading using pg_dumpall