Re: Upgrading using pg_dumpall

От Rich Shepard
Тема Re: Upgrading using pg_dumpall
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, 3 Sep 2016, Adrian Klaver wrote:

> No it says you are using the 9.4.5 version of psql to connect to a 9.3.4
> server. psql is available independent of the server running. You will need to
> see if both servers are running by doing something like:

Adrian,

   Yeah, that's what it said. :-(

> ps ax | grep postgres

   Only the earlier version:

# ps ax | grep postgres
  1822 ?        S      0:33 postgres -D /var/lib/pgsql/9.3.4/data/
  1824 ?        Ss     0:01 postgres: checkpointer process
  1825 ?        Ss     0:21 postgres: writer process
  1826 ?        Ss     0:21 postgres: wal writer process
  1827 ?        Ss     0:45 postgres: autovacuum launcher process
  1828 ?        Ss     1:10 postgres: stats collector process

   I have not run init on 9.4.5 yet. Thought I should learn how best to
proceed first.

> Before you do any of that you need to verify that the servers you want are
> running. Remember they can not share a port, so you need to look at what the
> port settings are in the respective postgresql.conf files.

   In /var/lib/pgsql/9.3.4/data/postgresql.conf the port assignment (5432) is
commented out, yet that's the port I've always seen assigned.

   What do you suggest as the procedure for me to follow to clean this all
up?

TIA,

Rich

Сообщение: Re: Upgrading using pg_dumpall
Сообщение: Re: Upgrading using pg_dumpall