Re: Populate Table From Two Other Tables

От Rich Shepard
Тема Re: Populate Table From Two Other Tables
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 5 Jun 2012, David Johnston wrote:

> As for the duplicate key I would first check to see if you are inserting
> into a non-empty table and that one or more of your newly inserted records
> conflicts with existing records on the waterchem table.  The easiest way
> would be to insert into a staging table and then join the staging and live
> tables together on the PK and see if any records are returned.

David,

   Since the two separate tables have no duplicates I find it difficult to
understand how combining the two generates a duplicate row.

   In any case, I always drop the table before running the script after
correcting errors so there should not be a previous row with the same
values. Puzzling,

Thanks,

Rich