Re: Conditional commit inside functions

От Gerhard Wiesinger
Тема Re: Conditional commit inside functions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello!

I tried the following, but still one transaction:

SELECT insert_1Mio();

(parallel select count(id) from employee; is done)

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION insert_some(start_i INTEGER, end_i INTEGER)
RETURNS void
AS $func$
DECLARE
BEGIN
   FOR i IN start_i..end_i LOOP
     INSERT INTO employee (id, department, firstname, lastname) VALUES (i, i, 'John' || i, 'Smith' || i);
   END LOOP;
END;
$func$ LANGUAGE plpgsql;

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION insert_1Mio() RETURNS void
AS $func$
DECLARE
   maxcommit INTEGER;
   start_i INTEGER;