Re: Postgresql Hardware

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Postgresql Hardware
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 14 Sep 2009, Psicopunk wrote:

> I will take some measurements and analyze this graphs.

A snapshot of "vmstat 1" data from when something like your real app is
running is far more useful at figuring out where you should allocate your
hardware resources for than any theoretical planning can be.

> Does anyone know where i can get a book about Postgresql Tuning and
> hardware impact on performance?

There aren't any yet.  I've collected links to the best stuff out there
and written a few articles all at
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Performance_Optimization

And my personal page at http://www.westnet.com/~gsmith/content/postgresql/
has some articles you might find interesting.  The "Database Hardware
Benchmarking" presentation covers a lot of the relevant material if you
want to spend an hour listening to me drone on about it, there's a lot of
background I cover that you can't really get just from the slides.