Re: synchronous_commit=off doesn't always return immediately

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: synchronous_commit=off doesn't always return immediately
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 23 Jul 2009, tomrevam wrote:

> bgwriter_delay = 20ms                   # 10-10000ms between rounds
> bgwriter_lru_maxpages = 1000            # 0-1000 max buffers written/round
> bgwriter_lru_multiplier = 5.0           # 0-10.0 multipler on buffers scanned/round

These settings may be contributing to the problem.  You should never run
the background writer that frequently--it just wastes resources and writes
more than it should.  I'd suggest turning it off altogether
(bgwriter_lru_maxpages = 0) and seeing if things improve any, just to rule
that out as a potential source of issues.