Re: Checkpoint Tuning Question

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Checkpoint Tuning Question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 8 Jul 2009, Tom Lane wrote:

> He's only got 100MB of shared buffers, which doesn't seem like much
> considering it's apparently a fairly beefy system.  I definitely
> don't see how one CPU spinning over the buffer headers in BufferSync
> is going to create the sort of hiccup he's describing.

Agreed, it doesn't seem like a likely cause.  If the problem reduces in
magnitude in proportion with the size of the buffer cache, we might have
to accept that's it's true regardless; that's why I was curious to see
what impact that had on the test results.

Сообщение: Re: Checkpoint Tuning Question
Сообщение: Re: Checkpoint Tuning Question