Re: 8.4 open item: copy performance regression?

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: 8.4 open item: copy performance regression?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 22 Jun 2009, Kevin Grittner wrote:

> When I tried with setting the ring size to 16MB, I accidentally left off
> the step to copy the postgresql.conf file, and got better performance.

Do you have happen to have a build with assertions turned on?  That is one
common cause of performance going down via increased shared_buffers that
people tend to run into during beta.

You can check via psql with
  show debug_assertions;

Сообщение: Re: 8.4 open item: copy performance regression?
Сообщение: Re: 8.4 open item: copy performance regression?