Re: Vacuuming technique doubt

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Vacuuming technique doubt
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Mon, 1 Jun 2009, S Arvind wrote:

> Having a doubt, we want to vacuum and reindex some 50 most used tables daily on specific time. Is it best to have a
functionin
> postgres and call it in cron or is there any other good way to do the two process for specified tables at specified
time?

If you haven't been using VACUUM properly, it's possible to get into a
position where you need to REINDEX your tables and go through the sort of
giant cleanup step you describe.  If you think you need to do that daily,
though, you probably should take a look at tuning autovacuum rather than
trying to fix the problem manually all the time.