Re: Maximum transaction rate

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Maximum transaction rate
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 6 Mar 2009, Tom Lane wrote:

> Otherwise you need to reconfigure your drive to not cache writes.
> I forget the incantation for that but it's in the PG list archives.

There's a dicussion of this in the docs now,
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/interactive/wal-reliability.html

hdparm -I lets you check if write caching is on, hdparm -W lets you toggle
it off.  That's for ATA disks; SCSI ones can use sdparm instead, but
usually it's something you can adjust more permanently in the card
configuration or BIOS instead for those.