Re: pgbench logging broken by time logic changes

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: pgbench logging broken by time logic changes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bonjour Michaël,

> Using grep() with "$re" results in all the fields matching.  Using on
> the contrary "/$re/" in grep(), like list_files(), would only match
> the first one, which is correct.

Ok, good catch. Perl is kind of a strange language.

> With this issue fixed, I have bumped into what looks like a different
> bug in the tests.  001_pgbench_log_2 uses pgbench with 2 clients, but>
> expects only patterns in the logs where the first column value uses only
> 0.  With two clients, those first values can be either 0 or 1 due to the
> client ID set.

Indeed. The tests passes because the number of expected lines is quite

> It seems to me that we had better fix this issue and back-patch where
> this has been introduced so as we have exact match checks with the log
> formarts, no?  Please see the attached.

Ok, however the regex should be "^[01] ...".

Attached v11 with your fixes + the above regex fix.

--
Fabien.
Вложения