Re: pgbench bug candidate: negative "initial connection time"

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: pgbench bug candidate: negative "initial connection time"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello Yugo-san,

> By the way, the issue of inital connection erros reported in this thread
> will be fixed by the patch attached in my previous post (a major part are
> written by you :-)

That does not, on its own, ensure that it is bug free:-)

> ).  Is this acceptable for you?

I disagree on two counts:

First, thread[0] should not appear.

Second, currently the *only* function to change the client state is
advanceConnectionState, so it can be checked there and any bug is only
there. We had issues before when several functions where doing updates,
and it was a mess to understand what was going on. I really want that it
stays that way, so I disagree with setting the state to ABORTED from
threadRun. Moreover I do not see that it brings a feature, so ISTM that it
is not an actual issue not to do it?

--
Fabien.