Re: Add table access method as an option to pgbench

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: Add table access method as an option to pgbench
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello Justin,

> src/test/regress/sql/create_am.sql:CREATE ACCESS METHOD heap2 TYPE TABLE HANDLER heap_tableam_handler;
> src/test/regress/sql/create_am.sql:DROP ACCESS METHOD heap2;

> Or maybe using SET default_tablespace instead of modifying the CREATE sql.
> That'd need to be done separately for indexes, and RESET after creating the
> tables, to avoid accidentally affecting indexes, too.

Why should it not affect indexes?

> @Fabien: I think the table should be created and populated within the same
> transaction, to allow this optimization in v13 to apply during the
> "initialization" phase.
> c6b92041d Skip WAL for new relfilenodes, under wal_level=minimal.

Possibly.

This would be a change of behavior: currently only filling tables is under
an explicit transaction.

That would be a matter for another patch, probably with an added option.

As VACUUM is not transaction compatible, it might be a little bit tricky
to add such a feature. Also I'm not sure about some constraint
declarations.

ISTM that I submitted a patch a long time ago to allow "()" to control
transaction from the command line, but somehow it got lost or rejected.
I redeveloped it, see attached. I cannot see reliable performance
improvement by playing with (), though.

--
Fabien.
Вложения