Re: pgbench - refactor init functions with buffers

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: pgbench - refactor init functions with buffers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Can you elaborate what you meant by the new "print overheads should probably
> be avoided" comment?

Because printf is slow and this is on the critical path of data
generation. Printf has to interpret the format each time just to print
three ints, specialized functions could be used which would allow to skip
the repeated format parsing.

> I left that out since it seems unrelated to switching to PQExpBuffer.

Yep.

Thanks for the commit. Getting rid of most snprintf is a relief.

--
Fabien.