Re: Why forbid "INSERT INTO t () VALUES ();"

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: Why forbid "INSERT INTO t () VALUES ();"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hallo Thomas,

>>   INSERT INTO t() VALUES ();
>>
>> This is forbidden by postgres, and also sqlite.
>>
>> Is there any good reason why this should be the case?
>
> Maybe because
>
>   insert into t default values;
>
> exists (and is standard SQL if I'm not mistaken)

That's a nice alternative I did not notice. Well, not an alternative as
the other one does not work.

I'm still unclear why it would be forbidden though, it seems logical to
try that, whereas the working one is quite away from the usual syntax.

--
Fabien.

Сообщение: Re: Default setting for enable_hashagg_disk
Сообщение: Re: Default setting for enable_hashagg_disk