Re: pgbench bug / limitation

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: pgbench bug / limitation
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hello Tom,

> Agreed.  Seems like the best answer is to get in bed with the Windows
> representation of fd_set, since we cannot avoid knowing that it is
> different from other platforms' versions.  I suggest that we might as
> well get all the way in and dodge the FD_SETSIZE limitation altogether,
> as per the attached utterly-untested draft patch.

ISTM that the patch your propose, a full reimplementation of the abstract
poll/select fd set interface for windows, is overkill because it adds
about 80 lines of code. ISTM that just redefining some macros is enough to
get the same performance benefit without adding much to the code base, but
maybe I'm missing something. At least, I do not think that getting rid of
the FD_SETSIZE redefinition for windows is worth all that trouble.

--
Fabien.

Сообщение: Re: Potential G2-item cycles under serializable isolation
Сообщение: Re: Potential G2-item cycles under serializable isolation