Re: psql FETCH_COUNT feature does not work with combined queries

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: psql FETCH_COUNT feature does not work with combined queries
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> Assuming there's no one willing to fix the behavior (and that seems
>> unlikely given we're in the middle of a 2020-01 commitfest) it makes
>> sense to at least document the behavior.
>>
>> That being said, I think the proposed patch may be a tad too brief. I
>> don't think we need to describe the exact behavior, of course, but maybe
>> it'd be good to mention that the behavior depends on the type of the
>> last command etc. Also, I don't think "combined query" is a term used
>> anywhere in the code/docs - I think the proper term is "multi-query
>> string".
>
> Any thoughts on Tomas' comments?

Sorry, I did not notice them.

I tried "multi-command", matching some wording use elsewhere in the file.
I'm at lost about how to describe the insane behavior the feature has when
they are used, which is really just an unfixed bug, so I expanded a minima
in the attached v2.

--
Fabien.
Вложения