Re: doc: vacuum full, fillfactor, and "extra space"

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: doc: vacuum full, fillfactor, and "extra space"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello Justin,

> I started writing this patch to avoid the possibly-misleading phrase: "with no
> extra space" (since it's expected to typically take ~2x space, or 1x "extra"
> space).
>
> But the original phrase "with no extra space" seems to be wrong anyway, since
> it actually follows fillfactor, so say that.  Possibly should be backpatched.

Patch applies and compiles.

Given that the paragraph begins with "Plain VACUUM (without FULL)", it is
better to have the VACUUM FULL explanations on a separate paragraph, and
the fillfactor precision makes it explicit about what it does, although it
could also be material for the NOTES section below.

--
Fabien.