Re: BUG #16096: psql (non-interactive mode) SQL multi-request commandsdon't report all feedback ?!

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: BUG #16096: psql (non-interactive mode) SQL multi-request commandsdon't report all feedback ?!
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Bonjour Alain,

> When performing one INSERT SQL command in non-interactive mode I get a
> feedback about the number of line inserted. OK
> When performing the INSERT command SQL request following by for example a
> select ; I don't get any feedback of the insert command !!??

This is because -c passes the string as ONE sql command, and for
multi-statement commands psql only reports about the last one.

The equivalent in interactive mode is to use \; between SQL commands.

ISTM that this is the documented behavior, so it is not a bug.

There is a submitted patch to change it to show all results:

     https://commitfest.postgresql.org/25/2096/

--
Fabien.