Re: pgbench - allow to create partitioned tables

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: pgbench - allow to create partitioned tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello Erikjan,

>> [pgbench-init-partitioned-9.patch]
>
> Turns out this patch needed a dos2unix treatment.

> It's easy to do but it takes time to figure it out (I'm dumb).  I for one
> would be happy to receive patches not so encumbered :)

AFAICR this is usually because your mailer does not conform to MIME spec,
which *requires* that text files be sent over with \r\n terminations, so
my mailer does it for text/x-diff, and your mailer should translate back
EOL for your platform, but it does not, so you have to do it manually.

I could edit my /etc/mime.types file to switch patch files to some binary
mime type, but it may have side effects on my system, so I refrained.

Hoping that mailer writers read and conform to MIME seems desperate.

Last time this discussion occured there was no obvious solution beside me
switching to another bug-compatible mailer, but this is not really
convenient for me. ISTM that the "patch" command accepts these files with
warnings.

--
Fabien.