Re: WIP: Generic functions for Node types using generated metadata

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: WIP: Generic functions for Node types using generated metadata
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hallo Andres,

>> There've been various calls for automating their generation, but no
>> actual patches that I am aware of.
>
> I started something a while back

I have found this thread:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/E1cq93r-0004ey-Mp%40gemulon.postgresql.org

It seems that comments from committers discouraged me to go on… :-) For
instance Robert wanted a "checker", which is basically harder than a
generator because you have to parse both sides and then compare.

Basically there was no consensus at the time (March 2017), so I gave up.
It seems that I even distroyed the branch I was working on, so the no
doubt magnificent perl script I wrote is also lost.

--
Fabien.

Сообщение: Re: block-level incremental backup
Сообщение: Re: block-level incremental backup