Re: SPITupleTable members missing in docs

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: SPITupleTable members missing in docs
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Hello Daniel,

> Since this makes the number of internal members far outnumber the public
> ones, also reword the statement about which fields can be used to try
> and improve clarity.

Patch applies cleanly, doc build ok.

To take into account Tom's comment, I'd suggest a middle ground by
commenting a public and private part explicitely in the struct, something
like:

   typedef struct {
     /* PUBLIC members to be used by callers ... */
     /* PRIVATE members, not intended for external usage ... */
   } ... ;

Another option would be to use some python-like naming convention on such
members, eg with a leading underline character.

Even if it is redundant with the paragraph below, it would make things
visually clear as well.

Note: I'm probaly not a member of the pgdoc list, so the delivery may fail
there.

--
Fabien.