Re: Offline enabling/disabling of data checksums

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: Offline enabling/disabling of data checksums
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bonjour Michaël-san,

> Yes, that would be nice, for now I have focused.  For pg_resetwal yes
> we could do it easily.  Would you like to send a patch?

Here is a proposal for "pg_resetwal".

The implementation basically removes a lot of copy paste and calls the
new update_controlfile function instead. I like removing useless code:-)

The reserwal implementation was doing a rm/create cycle, which was leaving
a small window for losing the controlfile. Not neat.

I do not see the value of *not* fsyncing the control file when writing it,
as it is by definition very precious, so I added a fsync. The server side
branch uses the backend available "pg_fsync", which complies with server
settings there and can do nothing if fsync is disabled.

Maybe the two changes could be committed separately.

--
Fabien.
Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Make pg_checksums complain if compiled BLCKSZ and data folder'sblock size differ
Сообщение: Re: Make pg_checksums complain if compiled BLCKSZ and data folder'sblock size differ