RE: Timeout parameters

От Fabien COELHO
Тема RE: Timeout parameters
Дата
RE: Timeout parameters  ("Nagaura, Ryohei" <nagaura.ryohei@jp.fujitsu.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello Ryohei,

>> Why?
>> ISTM that "leaving the job" to the server with a client-side connection
>> closed is basically an abort, no different from what server-side
>> "statement_timeout" already provides?
> "while leaving the job to the server" means that "while the server continue the job".
> # Sorry for the inappropriate explanation.
> I understand that "statement_timeout" won't.

I still do not understand the use-case specifics: for me, aborting the
connection, or a softer cancelling the statement, will result in the
server stopping the statement, so the server does NOT "continue the job",
so I still do not see how it really differs from the server-side
statement_timeout setting.

--
Fabien.