Re: [HACKERS] pgbench - allow to store select results intovariables

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pgbench - allow to store select results intovariables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello Alvaro,

>>> I think this patch's Command->lines would benefit from using PQExpBuffer
>>> (or maybe StringInfo?) for the command string instead of open-coding
>>> string manipulation and allocation.
>
> [...]

Ok.

>>> I'm not sure that Command->first_line is really all that useful.  It
>>> seems we go to a lot of trouble to keep it up to date.  Isn't it easier
>>> to chop Command->lines at the first newline when it is needed?
>>
>> Hmmm, it is needed quite often (about 12 times) to report errors, that would
>> mean having to handle the truncation in many places, so I felt it was worth
>> the trouble.
>
> Ok, as long as we don't repeat the work during script execution.

Sure, the point of first_line is that it is computed once at parse time.

Attached a v23 with PQExpBuffer for managing lines.

I've also added a function to compute the summary first line, which
handles carriage-return.

--
Fabien.
Вложения