Re: libpq stricter integer parsing

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: libpq stricter integer parsing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello Peter,

>> The timeout is set to 2, and the port directive is silently ignored.
>> However, URL parsing is stricter, eg on "port".
>>
>> The attached patch checks integer syntax errors and overflows, and report
>> errors.
>
> This looks useful and the patch looks reasonable, but it doesn't apply
> anymore.  Can you send in an update?

Hmmm. It does apply on a test I just did right know...

Usually it does not apply with "git apply" if your MUA does not know that
MIME requires CR LF eol on text files, and that it is its responsability
to switch to something else if desired. Pg automatic patch checker does
not know about that so complains unduly. Some MUA send attachements which
violates MIME (text attachements with LF only eol), thus hidding the
issue.

Otherwise, the "patch" command should work?

--
Fabien.