Re[2]: doc - improve description of default privileges

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re[2]: doc - improve description of default privileges
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello Bradley,

> comments on the patch ...

Thanks for the review.

> 1) I think that adding the "This privilege is abbreviated ... when
> displayed." lines to the privilege descriptions is redundant. The
> abbreviations are already listed after the "The entries shown by \dp are
> interpreted thus:" line. Just change that line to something like "The entries
> shown by the psql backslash commands, like \dp, are interpreted thus:".

Ok, removed.

> 2) I think that the psql command table should go with the current text on
> "Use psql's \dp command to obtain ..." rather than in the Examples section.
> It seems like changing the "For non-table objects there are other \d commands
> ..." line to an introductory comment like "The following table lists the \d
> commands that are used for non-table objects along with the default
> privileges granted to the object's owner and PUBLIC.

Ok, moved to the previous section.

> 3) The table title, "Default hardcoded access privileges per object's type",
> seems incomplete because it does not mention the psql commands part of the
> table.

Ok, added reference to psql backslash commands in title.

Find v3 attached.

--
Fabien.
Вложения

От: Noah Misch
Сообщение: Re: Facility for detecting insecure object naming