Re: pgbench: improve --help and --version parsing

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: pgbench: improve --help and --version parsing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello Michaël,

>> I doubt that -V & -? are heavily tested:-) Patch works for me, though.
>
> They are not, and the patch misses this area.

Indeed.

> I don't think that it is a bad idea to improve things the way you are

For the record, this is not my patch, I'm merely reviewing it.

> doing, however you should extend program_version_ok() and
> program_help_ok() in src/test/perl/TestLib.pm so as short options are
> tested for two reasons:

Interesting, I did not notice these functions before. I fully agree that
manual testing is a pain for such a simple change.

Do you mean something like the attached?

--
Fabien.
Вложения