Re: Constraint documentation

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: Constraint documentation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello lætitia,

My 0.02 € to try to simplify the suggested documentation.

> Check constraint were not

are not

> designed to enforce business rules across tables.

> Avoid using check constraints with function accessing to other tables

accessing other tables (no "to")

> and prefer triggers instead (please refer to <xref linkend="triggers"/>
> for more information about triggers).

... and use <xref linkend="triggers"/> instead.

> PostgreSQL won't prevent you from doing so,

Although PostgreSQL ... so,

> but be aware you might encounter difficulties to restore dumps
> (generated with pg_dump or pg_dumpall) if you do.

beware that dumps generated by <application>pg_*<...> or <...> may be hard
to restore because of such checks, as the underlying dependencies are not
taken into account.

--
Fabien.