Re: [HACKERS] WIP Patch: Pgbench Serialization and deadlock errors

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: [HACKERS] WIP Patch: Pgbench Serialization and deadlock errors
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello Marina,

> v9-0002-Pgbench-errors-use-the-Variables-structure-for-cl.patch
> - a patch for the Variables structure (this is used to reset client variables
> during the repeating of transactions after serialization/deadlock failures).

About this second patch:

This extracts the variable holding structure, so that it is somehow easier
to reset them to their initial state on transaction failures, the
management of which is the ultimate aim of this patch series.

It is also cleaner this way.

Patch applies cleanly on top of the previous one (there is no real
interactions with it). It compiles cleanly. Global & pgbench "make check"
are both ok.

The structure typedef does not need a name. "typedef struct { } V...".

I tend to disagree with naming things after their type, eg "array". I'd
suggest "vars" instead. "nvariables" could be "nvars" for consistency with
that and "vars_sorted", and because "foo.variables->nvariables" starts
looking heavy.

I'd suggest but "Variables" type declaration just after "Variable" type
declaration in the file.

--
Fabien.

Сообщение: Re: hot_standby_feedback vs excludeVacuum and snapshots
Сообщение: Re: hot_standby_feedback vs excludeVacuum and snapshots