Re: pgsql: Set random seed for pgbench.

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: pgsql: Set random seed for pgbench.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
>> I assumed that pg_strong_random is always available,
>
> ... which is wrong.  Every other call of it is wrapped in
> #ifdef HAVE_STRONG_RANDOM, and so must this one be.

Indeed, I clearly misunderstood its usage pattern. I looked at its source
("src/port/pg_strong_random.c") where the function is always defined and
is documented as returning false if it does not find a strong random
source, so I though that checking for this was enough. But indeed its
compilation fails if no source is provided.

Thanks for the fix.

--
Fabien.