Re: Odd behavior with 'currval'

От Steven Hirsch
Тема Re: Odd behavior with 'currval'
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 8 Feb 2018, David G. Johnston wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 12:54 PM, David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:
>              The only 'currval' procedure is the one defined at installation (in public).
>

> ​So, the installed version of currval would be defined in "pg_catalog", not "public" ...

??

All I can tell you is that when I connect from dbVisualizer and open the
twisty under 'main.procedures' I see 100+ functions that are intrinsic to
pgsql - currval() included.  I have almost no experience writing pgsql
procs and absolutely never installed anything that would override the base
function.