Re: Odd behavior with 'currval'

От Steven Hirsch
Тема Re: Odd behavior with 'currval'
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 8 Feb 2018, Melvin Davidson wrote:

> I believe your problem is in your usage.
> In order for currval(regclass) to work, you must first do a
> SELECT nextval(regclass) in your _current transaction_!
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/functions-sequence.html

I AM doing that.  It is returning zero.  The code is identical to that
used in all other tables in the schema - all of them work.  This one does
not - unless I use the INSERT .. RETURNING ..  approach.

I suspect the weirdness with the sequence not being found is part of the
underlying problem.

Сообщение: Re: Odd behavior with 'currval'
Сообщение: Re: Odd behavior with 'currval'